1) Hardwood floors rule. Buyers prefer wood underfoot, with more than 80 percent of buyers of any age telling the National Association of REALTORS® that hardwood floors are somewhat or very important.
2) Update that backsplash. Patterned tile and, in particular, graphic cement tile designs check in as some of the strongest trends around. On the other end of the spectrum, you can never go wrong with classic white subway tile.
3) Embrace a new neutral. While beige and white walls are classics, new neutrals are trending. Opt for soft grays or you can even try “greige” - a beautiful blend of gray and brown.
4) Create an accent wall. Natural textures are all the rage in home design. Pick one wall in your home that could be a show-stopping accent and cover it with a natural material, whether that’s brick, wood planks or whitewashed shiplap.
5) Open space is all the rage. Home buyers are still on the hunt for open concept floor plans. Even if your rooms are enclosed, mirrors and ample natural light can help open up your space.